Case Study: Market Sizing and Competitive Share Study Provides Valuable Market Intelligence to Respiratory Products Supplier
The study identified:
- Strategy improvements
- Packing and labeling changes
- Patient tracking opportunities
- Patient education needs
The study indicated:
- Overall market size was approximately 3.5 to 4 million units and $18 – $20 million
- Market size estimates were split based on reusable versus disposable product
- Top four competitors account for 80% – 85% of the market
- Specific areas for potential strategy improvements, including packaging and labeling changes, patient tracking opportunities, and patient education needs were identified
A leading supplier of respiratory products wanted to better understand the market size and competitive share positions of nebulizers and accessories. Little market data was available and market intelligence on this niche market was needed.
To obtain sufficient market intelligence from homecare dealers to determine:
- Market size of nebulizer handset
- Market shares of the leading competitor
- Market opportunities to increase penetration
AMG Research conducted more than 350 telephone interviews with durable medical equipment (DME) suppliers. The sample plan included a representative mix of national and independent homecare dealers.
A total of 600 locations were contacted during the study, but not all locations qualified for an interview because they did not sell these products. This information was useful in accurately sizing the market.
Why AMG Research was Chosen
AMG Research was selected to conduct the research study due to our experience in the healthcare and homecare dealer market. With our extensive experience in reaching this audience, AMG Research was able to provide a database for prospective respondents and complete the study on-time and on-budget.